Working Mechanic (Livonia)
We are an expanding snow removal and landscape company looking for a quality mechanic who will be able to aid in landscaping and snow removal when not working on trucks and equipment.
- Experience with snow plows and salters with the ability and know how to get a plow, salter or truck back in service quickly in the event of a breakdown.
- Knowledge in hydraulics, electrical, clutch pumps, 4 stroke small engines, 2 stroke small engines and brakes, including trailer brakes.
- Be able to operate machinery such as a Skid-steer and have experience pulling trailers.
- Be proficient in vehicle and small engine maintenance and preventative maintenance. Need to be able to properly document and keep organized all necessary maintenance records.
- Candidate needs to be organized and have the ability to recognize what needs to be done to keep all vehicles, machinery, and equipment in safe working order at all times.
- Candidate must be able to work independently as well as work as part of a team.
- Must have a chauffeur’s license but CDL is preferred.
- Must be dependable.
- All applicants must pass background and drug tests.
- This is a year-round position, however part-time may be an option if available on-call during snow storms.
- $14.00-$22.00 per hour pay is based on experience and qualifications.
If you meet the qualifications listed above and you are looking to be part of a winning team that takes care of their employees please submit your resume by email.